We Can Help You to Reduce the Stress. Call us at
Barbados has become one of the major hot spots and venues in the Caribbean to get married. You can spend minimal amounts despite the breathtaking scenery and tropical experiences.
Many couples are fascinated with the idea of having a wedding in Barbados. Therefore, we felt it important to provide you with some information, besides our wedding photography services.
Besides, providing top-level wedding photographers, we also help you to avoid the stress when you get to Barbados.
How much does it cost to get married in Barbados?
Developing a sensible budget is essential to any successful Barbados wedding. Generally, and as of 2019, couples in the United States, Canada and the UK spend between $30,000 US and $100,000 US on their big wedding day, while a destination wedding in Barbados can cost you as little as $10,000. US.
Requirements for Obtaining a Marriage License in Barbados
Application for a marriage license must be made by both parties (male and female) at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs. When you apply for your marriage license, remember that it is valid for three (3) months only. Therefore, if you apply from overseas, then you must also get married within the three months or the marriage license will expire.
• Nationals (those born in, or citizens of Barbados) must provide a valid birth certificate and passports (if available). All non-nationals (visitors from overseas) must present valid passports from their respective countries and a valid birth certificate.
• In the case of a widow or widower getting married in Barbados, you must provide the original death certificate and original marriage certificate must be submitted.
• If either party was previously divorced, then you must also provide the original Decree Absolute or Final Judgement or a certified copy of either documents by a Notary Public.
Additional Requirements to Get Married in Barbados
Persons who have been granted Barbadian citizenship either by descent or registration, immigration status or permanent residence, are required to produce the original documents issued by the Immigration Department of Barbados or passports in which the relevant information has been stamped.
If you born overseas or an foreign citizen, on work permits then you must produce the passport showing that a work permit was issued, or the relevant document issued by the Immigration Department, not the application form or receipt.
- work permit does not confer permanent status and must be valid at the time of application.
- a marriage license will not be issued for a date which is beyond your expiration date of stay in Barbados.
Tip: All documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation that is certified by an authorized Notary Public.
- Persons eighteen (18) years of age and older do not require parental consent.
• Non-Nationals – Bds $200.00 cash and a $25.00 stamp (this does not apply to persons who have residence or citizenship in Barbados)
• Nationals – Bds $45.00 cash and a $10.00 stamp (This applies if either party is a citizen or resident of Barbados).
The $10.00 stamp is obtained from this Ministry.
Prior Arrangements to Get Married in Barbados
Arrangements should be made with a Marriage Officer (a Minister of Religion or a Magistrate who is authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in Barbados) prior to applying for a Marriage Licence. As was previously mentioned under ‘Requirements’ the couple must submit correspondence from the Marriage Officer who has consented to perform the wedding in Barbados.
One of the ways in which persons from abroad can obtain the services of a Marriage Officer resident on this island (a Minister of Religion) is to call the number of any of the churches operating in Barbados or the Supreme Court (for a Magistrate). Please see contact information related to acquiring the services of a Magistrate.
A copy of the marriage certificate can be obtained from the Registration Department. The Registration Department is located at the following address:
The Registrar of the Supreme Court
White Park Road
Telephone No.: (246) 434-9970
Fax No.: (246) 426-2405
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org